Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Michelle Bachmann is a real player."

(Courtesy of equalrepresentation.org)

Mark McKinnon said that, I didn't - but I have to agree. Chris Wallace's face-to-face smirking insult "Are you a flake" was an affront to all women political candidates. Bachmann -- later claiming to Jonathan Karl of CNN that her spine is made of Titanium -- managed to come back strong with a polite put-down AND a recitation of her rather strong resume.

McKinnon's article (below) reminds us that Michelle Bachmann was the first Republican woman elected to Congress from Minnesota back in 2006. Yep, she is a force -- watch out Sarah Palin and Barack Obama. The ball is in your courts...

"She’s not my kind of candidate. And no one I know supports her. But I know enough to know I shouldn’t judge American voters and candidates by my own distorted circle. She is a rock star with the Tea Party set and social conservatives. And I also know enough to know that Michele Bachmann has been underestimated and treated unfairly by the mainstream press." Mark McKinnon, "Bachmann’s No Joke" (The Daily Beast 6-28-11)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home